Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ELM327 cannot fin my car ECU

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ELM327 cannot fin my car ECU
elpi
Post ELM327 cannot fin my car ECU
on: August 20, 2014 (GMT)

Hi !
I just got my new blue mini elm327 …
Was so excited to connect it, but it wont find my car ecu. the app says it is connected to the bluetooth adaptor but isnt able to connect to the car. It keeps asking me if the ignition is turned on, and yes it was 😉
I’ve tried many things as I searched on this forum but unfortunately still not able to make it work.

I tried it on another car (ford transit connect 2013) and it was working great, so its not my cell phone neither the elm not working …

I’m trying to connect it on a Honda Civic SI 2000 …

Have you any tips to help me make it work well ?

Thanks for your advice 😉

GaryDoug
Post Re: ELM327 cannot fin my car ECU

More than likely you got one of the ELM327 adapters that are “missing” the parts for the non-CAN (2007 and earlier) protocols. The CAN protocol was required in the US by 2008. I can’t vouch for this but BAFX claims their adapters support all protocols even though others don’t. All of them claim to do that, but I have ordered 4 different adapters (not BAXF) lately and all 4 were missing parts. One of them was the same as yours. About 20 parts were missing from the circuit board.

Electrical test engineer

nikola

Sorry, but the communication protocols are inside the adapter ELM?
Should not be torque that manages the data and the adapter have a bluetooth antenna?

GaryDoug

Quote from nikola on August 20, 2014
Sorry, but the communication protocols are inside the adapter ELM?
Should not be torque that manages the data and the adapter have a bluetooth antenna?

Torque only does serial data transfer. The ELM327 chip handles all interfacing protocols and buffering. Torque does have the ability to specify which protocol to use, or to let the ELM327 chip do an auto-search. The different protocols generally use different pins on the OBD2 connector. The missing parts would interface to those other pins.

Electrical test engineer

nikola
on: August 21, 2014 (GMT)

So if you can not connect to the control unit of the vehicle could be taken ELM327 that does not have the right protocol?
With vehicles of friends I connect it to my 2800 IVECO 125hp euros3 the car light is flashing …
know where and how to understand that an outlet ELM327 is compatible with my vehicle?
thank you

GaryDoug
on: August 21, 2014 (GMT)

All ELM327 chips have all 4 protocols. It is only the circuit board, upon which the chip is soldered, that is missing parts. Read my post above about the missing parts. Also, read my post above about the BAFX adapters. Or just buy one from Scantool.net and be safe.

Electrical test engineer

GaryDoug
on: August 22, 2014 (GMT)

Electrical test engineer

Robbie
on: September 16, 2016 (GMT)

Hi, I,ve the almost the same problem. I bought a new phone, reinstalled pro, I’m bluetooth connected but get the message that I’m not connecred to ecu.
When I use the free version there’s no problem.
Do I have to do something with the version on my old phone ?

Thanx, Rob

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.

Follow me on twitter