Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track Recorder: Can't encode videos (and very slow sync)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Track Recorder: Can't encode videos (and very slow sync)
loudenvier
Post Track Recorder: Can't encode videos (and very slow sync)
on: July 24, 2014 (GMT)

I would love if Track Recorder used Android’s MediaCodec so that it could render the video, with the overlays, natively inside Android and then export it to the Camera Roll… (lots of useful info on this here http://bigflake.com/mediacodec/ )

Unfortunately you have to install Xuggle, sync the files to your PC, and hope it will work. In my case it didn’t.

You’ve to download Java 32bit (I’m on a 64bit machine, so I wasn’t able to install a 32-bit java environment. I followed the link and installed what was prompted, which was a update to my already installed Java RSE). So I’ve installed Java update, then XUGGLE, rebooted, and installed the Torque Sync V9 Client.

I’m using a Core i7 3770K with 16GB-RAM (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit).

Syncing the files via wifi was next to impossible, taking 30 minutes to sync 8MB, and I had 540MB videos. So I’ve extracted the videos from the phone manually, and put them on the .torqueRecorder/trackRecorder/ folder under my User folder. I was finally able to see the video selection in the Encode Videos option. The problem is that the encoding doesn’t work. It hangs on “Starting Encode”. After waiting 1h for the encode to start, I’ve shut it down.

I don’t know what is going on, but I also tried it on my Dell laptop, which runs Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) and I’ve got the exact same problems!!!

Next I’ll try to use my Windows XP VMWare machine… I’ll post the results here.

In the meantime, does anyone know how can I help the developer to find what is going on? If it happened to me on 2 computers, it’ll probably happen to a lot of computers out there!

loudenvier
Post Re: Track Recorder: Can
on: July 24, 2014 (GMT)

I was able to resolve the problem, with some drastic measures. I’ve uninstalled all Java-related SDKs and runtimes. Since was using Android Studio on all the machines it failed, I’ve chosen one of them to get rid of Java and start anew. Then I’ve manually downloaded Java 32-Bit, then Xuggler, then restarted, then TorqueSyncV9 and it worked perfectly.

The subtitles overlap bug is still there, but now I can encode the videos.

I STRONGLY suggest making the plugin commercial and adding native encoding and saving to the Camera Roll directly on the phone (MediaCodec, or Intel native libraries can do that, even a modified ffmpeg build for android can do that). Sell it for U$ 4.99 and your done! :-)

Best wishes.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.019 seconds.

Follow me on twitter