Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler Trans Temp

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler Trans Temp
CapnDik
Post 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler Trans Temp
on: March 24, 2011 (GMT)

Good morning!

I desperately want the Torque app to display my Automatic Transmission temp (In Fahrenheit, if possible). Any idea when this might be working? I can provide any logs that could help, please just let me know what you need.

If anyone knows how to set this up manually, I’d be willing to do that. However, I haven’t had any luck doing it myself.

Thanks,
Lucas

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Automatic Transmission

CapnDik
Post Re: 2007-2011 Jeep Wrangler Trans Temp
on: April 15, 2011 (GMT)

Seriously, any ideas?

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 16, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Transmission temp has been asked for by a number of people,

If you know the extended (MODE 22) PID for your jeep, then you should be able to enter it in the extended PID section of the app (buried in the settings)

The one that has been added to the default list works, but it is down to your ECU manufacturer on whether or not they support that PID.

Also, you may need to tick the ‘alternate header’ tickbox in the vehicle profile before you will get a reading from the transmission ecu (if your ECU supports it)

Ian

AirJordan613
on: May 10, 2011 (GMT)

Could you please better describe the process for getting this working. I too desperately want to make this work. It is the sole reason I bought the app.

PwnedXJ

I think the most fundamental issue is whether the Jeep’s ECU supports this. Mine is an older Jeep XJ and it appears that this is not supported by my Jeep. You may wish to do a bit of research first to be certain that this parameter is supported.

As a matter of curiosity is there a specific issue with the Wrangler’s automatic transmission that leads to failure such that it is very necessary to monitor the temp. I have seen several requests for this hence was wondering coz I have been thinking of upgrading from my aging XJ to a newer Wrangler Unlimited…..

AirJordan613

I’m almost positive it does because I could get a dedicated obd gauge that supports transmission temp (which works). And I know the ECU monitors trans temp because it makes a noise when it gets hot.

piemmm
Administrator

Provided the OBD gauge works, then it should work for you.

Transmission changed in recent versions, you will need to delete the existing transmission display and re-create it from one of the two available methods (hopefully one of which should be green).

If they are not green, then it is probably an extended PID acces only. You will need to go into the Advanced Settings->Manage Extended PIDs and then click menu->Add predefined list.

I think the GM /Vauxhall/Opel option may work for your vehicle.

Once you have added the custom PIDs then add the relevant display (it should be green in the list if you are connected to your ECU at the time of adding the display)

Hope this helps

Ian

AirJordan613

I’ll give that a try later this afternoon. I’ll post how it goes. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

AirJordan613

Alright I tried everything that you had mentioned without luck. I tried both the ford and the other set of pids. Can you please try to find the appropriate process/PID for getting this working on the Jeep JK Wrangler. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

AirJordan613
on: May 11, 2011 (GMT)

Bump… any ideas?

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 11, 2011 (GMT)

You’ll need to find the Jeep/Chrysler extended (mode 22) PIDs for your vehicle – I already have looked on the internet for them but havent found anything.
If you find out the PID, it’s easy peasy to add the sensor information into the app yourself to gain access by using the ‘Manage extra sensors/PIDs’ settings

Ian

bobg187
on: August 31, 2011 (GMT)

ian..

i am using the pre defined OTHER as my trans temp in my ’07 jeep unlimited wrangler… however i think its reading Celsius even though i changed the temp thing to “F”…

i’m not sure what the equation thing is all about (A-40)…

how can i change the readout to Farenheight and does anyone know where i can find (1) the temperature setting on the idiot light recall from chrysler and (2)what’s the normal operating temperature range supposed to be for that automatic transmission?

thanks and have a great day…

ps.. ian as you can see, i’m on the forum… i out my log in problem…

bob :)

i’m a traveling RN who loves adventure. my 2007 jeep is just the vehicle to take me to new adventures. its even better to have torque pro to see how she’s doing :)

wego4x4
on: September 3, 2011 (GMT)

Actually the reading you are getting is not the trans temp it’s the coolant temp. That why the temp is so high. If you look at jkowners.com you can probably find answers to the JK related questions you had.

bobg187
on: September 3, 2011 (GMT)

thanks for the reply BUT… been there, done that… i know the coolant temp… and i have both gauges next to each other… originally when i installed trans OIL temp #3 profile i thought it was working properly. i then realized it was reading in Centigrade (celius)… after revising that from the main menu of torque, BOTH gauges read identically to each other.. so my question now is how can i get the transmission sensor gauge to read TRANSMISSION readings and not engine coolant temp??? if i can help out with de-bug logs please let me know…

i’m a traveling RN who loves adventure. my 2007 jeep is just the vehicle to take me to new adventures. its even better to have torque pro to see how she’s doing :)

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 4, 2011 (GMT)

Your PID for the jeep should be 22B010 however I’ve not found the position of the transmission temperature sensor in the reply (yet). If you could setup the Transmission PID (method 3) with the 22B010 and send me a debug once the display has been polled a couple of times (accessed through the menu in the ‘realtime information’ screen), then I’ll be able to progress this

bobg187
on: September 6, 2011 (GMT)

thanks for the reply… so i changed to 0105 to the 22b010 (two two “B” zero one zero. do i also change the obd header 7 options down???

i left that one blank.

piemmm
Administrator

Yes that’s correct.

You should be able to leave that header field blank – if nothing comes through when you hit test try setting it to ‘TCM’ (without the quotes) and trying again

I’m suspecting that it may not reply as it needs some sort of ‘tester present’ command sending (which is what the discussion on the net points to). I may have to write a short test into the next TorqueScan update to twiddle a few things to try to get a response

Ian

PwnedXJ

I tried the new values provided above and received No Response with my Jeep XJ. Tried various combinations with TCM, HEX, blank etc but nothing doing….. :(

twxsby
on: April 5, 2012 (GMT)

Any new info on the tranny temp for the 7-11 Wranglers? I too bought this app for the transmission temperature, and cannot get it to work.
Thank You

sburggsx
on: May 1, 2012 (GMT)

This is a feature that most Jeep owners would like to have. It is also about 50% of the reason I bought the app. The data is available because there are some apps and devices that can show it.

If there’s something I can do to assist I would be glad to help. I will be trying the above info later today when I have access to my jeep.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.065 seconds.

Follow me on twitter