Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 08 Duramax PID question

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 08 Duramax PID question
hellbndr23
Post 08 Duramax PID question
on: April 14, 2014 (GMT)

I did a quick search but didn’t find what I was looking for.

I have an 08 Chevy Duramax (diesel). I’m wanting to read Turbo vane position actual and desired, fuel rail pressure actual and desired, and injector balance rates. Can this app do that?

Thanks in advance.

hellbndr23
Post Re: 08 Duramax PID question
on: April 16, 2014 (GMT)

Anyone?

jschildm

If there are sensors for that, then it can do it. What I can’t tell you since I don’t have a DMax is whether or not the custom chevy PIDs have it, or whether someone has discovered the equations that work for it. I would look on a duramax forum for those.

hellbndr23

That info isnt really available in the diesel truck world. There is a program called EFI Live. It will read everything from the ECM. It also allows to change power tuning in the ECM as well. A lot of people make a lot of money reading the data and building tunes. It runs about -900 though.

I think this community would be the only hope.

jschildm

Yeah, I am diesel nut, and know all about EFI live. You won’t have the programming abilities that EFI live has, but you should be able to monitor anything that some of the electronic monitors can (edge CTS, etc). I know for my older powerstroke, there is a group of people that are working on adding some that weren’t included in the extended PID list, or were different from the OBS and SuperDuty 7.3s. I did some google searching for duramax’s and it looks like people are getting things such as balance rates, injector pulse widths, and many of the basics to work with torque. As I said before, I have never hooked it up to one, so I can’t tell you first hand what it is able to read.

JosephA
on: April 18, 2014 (GMT)

Seems that after 07s GM changed the ECU configuration and pids that worked on previous models don’t work for the LMM. If the information and be retrieved by the value of a pid then as said before, yes Torque can read it. Is it a pid and mathematical formula? Is it a process request? Dunno. Let’s get 50,000 people to donate a dollar each and buy the info from GM :-)

jschildm
on: April 19, 2014 (GMT)

Wouldn’t it be nice if they would just share the info?

hellbndr23
on: April 20, 2014 (GMT)

It would be nice but they will never release it when people are willing to give them the 50k.

Its just starting to look like other forums were right. Skip all the other tuners and go EFI live. I started with a quadzilla stealth 2 and recently “upgraded” to an edge juice with attitude and CTS monitor for gauges. What I didn’t realize are there are different CTS readers from edge. Attitude lets u shift on the fly but is very limited on PIDs. The evolution no shift on the fly for tunes but it will read all the PIDs in the system.

The shop I got it from hosed me on other things and we had a falling out. So no returning what I have. I’me stuck with it

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.026 seconds.

Follow me on twitter