Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » New: Plugin support(3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author Topic: New: Plugin support(3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
piemmm
Administrator
Post New: Plugin support (3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
on: March 15, 2011 (GMT)

Hi!

In version 1.4.10 Torque gained the ability to support ‘plugins’ – a plugin being something extra you can add-on to the application made by myself or any other Android developer willing to have a go.

This initial plugin interface begins with support for a direct app plugin with the ability to pull information from all the accessible/available sensors in an ECU. It’s designed to be as simple as possible to use.

Support for a seperate plugin interface (the ability to contribute extended PIDs to the app) is still under development but will be out soon. However the core AIDL interface is ready to use.

Android developers may want to download the example app plugin from: http://torque-bhp.com/torquescan.zip which contains the AIDL bits, and have a play.

The latest AIDL file is at http://torque-bhp.com/api/ITorqueService.aidl (Latest 1.12.10 version, 25 Jan 2022)

If there is a specific function you could do with having, let me know at ian@prowl.org and I’ll see what I can do!

Wiki page for some extra info: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/PluginDocumentation

Regards,

Ian

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: New: Plugin support (3rd party add-ons, PIDs, etc)
on: March 22, 2011 (GMT)

“TorqueScan” the example plugin should now be downloadable from the android market

noellenchris
on: March 26, 2011 (GMT)

Just the basic torquescan plugin is nice. I like having all the available data like that. Thanks.

Chris

Hidden Taco
on: March 29, 2011 (GMT)

Nice!

Now all we have to do is convince the Tasker programmer to create a plugin.

Goldfingerfif
on: March 30, 2011 (GMT)

Torque is the best application I’ve used. I mean I wish it had some other data like MAP sensor voltage IAT sensor ohms, and TPS voltage, but now that I see this I am excited. I am installing Eclipse since that is what I assume it was made with from the looks of it due to using it for java programming at my last job. Depending on the data availability/form it is in I will be making a plugin to begin with for Neon SRT4’s to correct these issues I am having.

03RedSRT4
on: April 8, 2011 (GMT)

There are SRT-4 owners that are very interested in this idea. If I can be of any assistance I would gladly oblige. Unfortunately I do not have an Android, but an HTC-HD2 (T-Mobile). If you need to test something on an Android, a friend of mine with an SRT-4 has your App already and he likes it a lot. What are the odds of this App being able to run on other than Android phones?

PwnedXJ
on: April 8, 2011 (GMT)

If you have HTC HD2 you can have Android at the blink of an eye. I too have HTC HD2 with Android custom rom running off the SD Card. I use Torque with my HD2. Please have a look at the Xda Developers website. http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?s=43e684682e8df8789f9ffafc9bf82a27&f=743

03RedSRT4
on: April 10, 2011 (GMT)

Thank you for the advice. I took a look at that site, unfortunately I am not that cell phone tech savvy. Would you be interested in assisting me? I see there are 2 methods they are using, but I honestly don’t know where to begin. I don’t want to take this thread too far off topic. If you are interested, my email is nicksanchez530@gmail.com any help would be appreciated.

03RedSRT4
on: April 10, 2011 (GMT)

Would you suggest using MAGLDR? http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-magldr-and-how-to-install-and-use-it-on-htc-hd2/

PwnedXJ
on: April 11, 2011 (GMT)

@ 03RedSRT4

Sorry I did not look at this thread over the weekend. I will send you email with the proper instructions and links. But no dont use MAGDLR for now….. I would recommend you continue using windows mobile alongside Android to start with then you can try magdlr/windows phone or android alone in your phone later. but please do read the xda threads about android in HD2 keenly. Start with Android from the SD card before you can go to NAND (dont worry you will understand all that jargon when you read some more :)

Read the following threads very carefully 😉

1. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732380

2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=881958

Goldfingerfif
on: April 16, 2011 (GMT)

@piemmm

Do you have any other documentation on this plugin? How do you do debug testing? Do you use the emulator in eclipse? I would like to know more, I can get it to compile and push it to the emulator but it force closes when I open it in torque.

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 20, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

The example app shouldn’t force close – if you could post a stacktrace I’ll have a look to see what’s going on.

At the moment, the documentation available is in the example app and in the comments, it’s not great but it should show how to request information from torque once it is started

Ian

Garage Guy
on: April 27, 2011 (GMT)

I’m having a problem with the current TorqueScan and current paid Torque app. (Current as of April 26 2011.)

Starting Torque, and starting TorqueScan, with no OBD2 connection, I see “API Version: 1” and then a few sensors, such as ff1006, Acceleration, Trip Distance, Altitude (GPS), etc.

However, once an OBD2 connection to my Kiwi adapter is established, all I see on TorqueScan is “API Version: 1”, and no sensors.

The sensors themselves are working fine; I can see them under Realtime Information, just not on TorqueScan when I have an OBD2 connection.

It is strange because before the most recent Torque update I’m pretty sure TorqueScan was showing all the OBD2 sensors.

Anybody else have this problem with the latest versions of these apps?

–Paul

piemmm
Administrator

Just tested here with 1.4.50 of Torque and it appears to work with the plugin direct from the market – are you using the plugin from the marktet?

Ian

Garage Guy

Yes, TorqueScan Plugin from the Android Market.

I’ve tried uninstalling and installing it, and still the same issue…

–Paul

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 28, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Right, I’ve just put 1.4.51 onto the market – I noticed that in the proguard config (a tool I use) that I had missed off the API interface as one of the things not to obfuscate, so thats back in – hopefully this will sort things out for you

I have also just released a “Track Recorder” plugin as well. It would be interesting to know if that works for you (hopefully it does)

Garage Guy
on: May 3, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from admin on April 28, 2011
Right, I’ve just put 1.4.51 onto the market – I noticed that in the proguard config (a tool I use) that I had missed off the API interface as one of the things not to obfuscate, so thats back in – hopefully this will sort things out for you

Torque 1.4.55 here now, and the problem persists: The TorqueScan plugin shows a few sensors until the ECU connects, after that it just says “API: Version 1” with no sensors shown.

–Paul

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 4, 2011 (GMT)

Thats interesting – it’s working with several devices here using the market version. What phone and android version are you using? Is it the manufacturers original ROM?

Ian

discoBizz
on: May 10, 2011 (GMT)

Ian hi and warm congratulations on what is a great app!!!

Just wondering, is the Torquescan plugin displaying all the available PIDs the adapter reads? I get very few on a Discovery III which is why I’m asking (some with “ff…” only, which I’d love to decipher – how can I do this?). Here’s a pic:

Many thanks!!!

Galaxy Tab, stock ROM, paid Torque, cheap adapter…

540-S3
Post Shift Light/Alarm Plugin
on: May 11, 2011 (GMT)

Would be nice to have a shift light plugin. Any takers?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.

Follow me on twitter