Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Getting Started: user id, viewing logs

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Getting Started: user id, viewing logs
bradley
Post Getting Started: user id, viewing logs
on: March 13, 2013 (GMT)

I have logged a trip but did not have any PIDs added for logging. I have been able to upload this trip to Google Drive and view the GPS track on Google Earth and Google maps.

1. Now that I have added PIDs will this data appear somehow on Google maps and Google earth for future trips?

I am guessing to get the best experience I need to upload data to the torque webserver and view trips there, which leads me to:

In Settings:Show your Torque ID I get:
“Torque user id
Your initial user id is not accessible. Please report your device details to the developer …”

2. Do I need to be connected to the OBD adapter / car to get the ID?

I am using Torque lite on a Nexus 7, under Bluetooth Preferences:Device I have OBDII. This looks pretty standard to me.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Getting Started: user id, viewing logs

Hi!

On devices without 3g connectivity, the ID is taken from the wifi address (if wifi is disabled, this will be inaccessible)

In your next logging session, (when torque starts logging) it will take the new set of PIDs you have chosen to log and will start using them. It will not start using them if it is already logging

If you export as KML, then the new files should include the extra logging data you’ve setup

bradley

Do you mean the wi fi mac address? I tried this but it did not work. I tried all combinations of with / without colons, capital letters / small letters.

Also I added PIDs that I want to log but they were cleared from the list next time I open the program.

KenC
on: August 28, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from bradley on March 13, 2013

Also I added PIDs that I want to log but they were cleared from the list next time I open the program.

Old post I know, but I searched and I have this same problem. I’m using the free version for now, to try things out.

I go through Settings/”Select what to log”, and I add a few of the existing parameters (Engine RPM, Speed(ODB) for example), but they are gone after I exit and restart the program.

I was able to do some logging, and emailed the csv file, but all I got was the GPS info.

The program seems to work otherwise, it connects to my ODBII Bluetooth device, and the dials change as expected (well, a few don’t, like ‘Voltage’ – I’m assuming those are not supported w/o a custom PID for my 2000 Volvo S40).

Using an Acer A1-820 tablet (no 3g, just BT and wifi), running Android 4.2.2. Oh, and I also have the “Initial User ID is not accessible” issue mentioned above, not sure that is related at this point or not.

The app looks very cool, fantastic to have so much info at such low cost (compared to code scanner!).

Thanks, KenC

bjmsam
on: September 5, 2014 (GMT)

Same here, using an Android head unit, OBDLink MX (Bluetooth), wireless router (wifi).

Your initial user ID is not accessible. Please report your device details to the developer so he can add support.

How? Also:

When I EMail logs in CSV format, the filename is conveniently unique, so I can just save it in the folder where I keep all of my logs. For example: trackLog-2014-Aug-17_10-13-02

When I Email logs in KML format, the filename is always torqueTrackLog.kml, which is inconsistent and inconvenient.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter