Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track Recorder saving location.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Track Recorder saving location.
MrDickinson
Post Track Recorder saving location.
on: February 22, 2013 (GMT)

Hi!

Track recorder is saving video to the internal memory even though I’ve set it to save to SD-card. It doesn’t matter what resolution/quality I choose. I have tried to change the saving location to internal memory, restarted the app, changed it back again to external memory card and restarted the app once more. Nothing changes the fact that my card won’t be used.

Torque Pro version is 1.6.34, updated 20. February 2013
Track Recorder version is 1.6.35, updated 13. October 2012
This information according to Google Play
I’m using OBDLink MX Scan Tool and my phone is Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 with a 32 GB MicroSDHC card.

Hope to get solution to this problem soon! :-)

vipergtx7
Post Re: Track Recorder saving location.
on: February 22, 2013 (GMT)

I have the galaxy S3 with a 64 gig microdSDCX UHS-1 card and I cant use the 1080p recording feature. This card should read the max of 70MB/s or write up to 20MB/s. Not fast enough for the 1080p? Other features work. Please fix

MrDickinson
on: February 24, 2013 (GMT)

Still waiting for a reply. Have even sent an email…
Forgot to tell you what Android version my phone is running; it’s 4.1.2.

MrDickinson
on: March 4, 2013 (GMT)

I’m still waiting for an answer. There has been more than a week since I posted my problem and for a product I’ve paid for I expect some customer service. I have sent an email too but with the same result; no reply.
If this is a problem that hasn’t got any answer yet I will be satisfied with an answer telling my that. Being ignored though is not something I appreciate.

frodus
on: March 4, 2013 (GMT)

Pretty sure the external memory option is for the trip logs only.

MrDickinson
on: March 5, 2013 (GMT)

If that’s the case it is still saving it to the wrong location. Everything, both video and trip data (files with these extensions: .dat, .csv, .mp4 and .srt) is saved in a folder (one folder per trip) under the torqueRecorder-folder in the internal memory, no matter what I choose in “Track Recorder Setting” -> “Recorder Settings”. There is no files or folders on my microSD-card that is linked to Torque.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Track recorder is a free plugin

What phone/device are you using, and can you tell me the path to your external memory device/card? Several manufactuers use different locations and this is why it may not be working for you as it cannot detect the external location

MrDickinson

Quote from MrDickinson on February 22, 2013
Torque Pro version is 1.6.34, updated 20. February 2013
Track Recorder version is 1.6.35, updated 13. October 2012
This information according to Google Play
I’m using OBDLink MX Scan Tool and my phone is Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 with a 32 GB MicroSDHC card.
Android version 4.1.2.

Yes, Track Recorder is a free plugin but it is developed (or at least publish) by you for use in Torque Pro which is a paid app. It would be useless if I didn’t have Torque.
But I would actually have paid for Track Recorder because I think it’s a great idea, maybe with a couple of changes… :-)

I don’t know it for sure but I would think that Samsung uses the same paths for all their newer phones. When I use “My files” the paths I see is “extSdCard” (external card) and “sdcard0” (internal memory) and they are placed under “/storage” in the tree that is used by the system/OS.

If this doesn’t help you just tell my where to look and for what and I’ll give you the information.

MrDickinson
on: March 11, 2013 (GMT)

Hi, piemmm!

Have you looked in to my problem yet? Or do you need more information?

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

I’m hopefully starting looking at track recorder issues again this week – I’ll need the exact path to the memory card to add support though – if you could find that out it would help a lot

for example, is it:

/extSdCard

or something like

/mnt/extSdCard (etc)

Track recorder is free because of things like support for external storage (at the time of writing) wasn’t great, and the many, many, issues with setting up the camera on android 2.3 devices to 4.0+ devices (silly things like works on one device with quality X, but not another, or causes a crash at the android camera API level, etc) – basically poor support for the camera API in older devices (and questionable bugs in more recent devices) make this really difficult to support

MrDickinson
on: March 12, 2013 (GMT)

That’s good news. :-)

The path to the external card is:
/extSdCard
To the internal memory the path is:
/sdcard0

I hope you will be able to solve the issues around saving locations. And thanks again for a great product!
Should you need some more information that could be of some help please let me know.

kay1971
on: March 18, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from admin on March 12, 2013
Hi

I’m hopefully starting looking at track recorder issues again this week – I’ll need the exact path to the memory card to add support though – if you could find that out it would help a lot

for example, is it:

/extSdCard

or something like

/mnt/extSdCard (etc)

Hello Ian,

With Android 4.0.4 recording to externalSD Card works fine, after updating Android to 4.1.2. TorqueRecorder doesn’t write to externalSD.

Samsung Galaxy S2, Path to external SD /mnt/extSdCard and /storage/extSdCard.

Please fix it, i love the TorqueRecorder. :)

Greetings from Germany,
Kay

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 19, 2013 (GMT)

Will be fixed this week – the update should be out around Saturday/Sunday if all goes well with testing!

MrDickinson
on: March 21, 2013 (GMT)

That’s great news! Thanks a lot! :-)

There is another function you could add in a later update if it’s possible.
When I was testing the app a few days ago I received a call and that ended the recording. If you could make it possible to let Track Recorder continue to run in the background (and record of course) until the call is finished, it would be great too. Or made possible to choose on phones/tabs that is powerful enough to handle both jobs.

Thanks again for a great app! :-)

kay1971
on: April 4, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from admin on March 19, 2013
Will be fixed this week – the update should be out around Saturday/Sunday if all goes well with testing!

Hello Ian,

can you say when the Problem will be solved?

Grettz
Kay

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 5, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

The torque pro app had the saving location issue fixed this weekend – I’m going to send out the track recorder update in the next hour with the fix (though it has not been tested as much as I would have liked due to time constraints)

EDIT: update sent out – it should appear i the next couple of hours after google have processed it

kay1971
on: April 9, 2013 (GMT)

Thanks Ian, works fine now

MrDickinson
on: April 10, 2013 (GMT)

Hi again!

Problem solved! Thank you! :-)

About the other thing I mensioned (continue recording in background when recieving phonecalls); have you given that any thoughts?

/Pål

balze

Hi Ian,

I would love to use track recorder on my old smartphone.
On my new (Samsung Galaxy Note2) it works perfectly. Thanks a lot!

On my Galaxy S1 pimped with Cyanogenmod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) it doesn’t. :(

The pathes you mentioned are different to the ones mentioned above.

Mine are:
internal: \storage\sdcard0
external: \storage\sdcard1

I would greatly appreciate, if you could fix this for all CM 10.1 users. :)

BTW: Track Recorder always mentioned “no free space” and the “Space-bar” is always at the bottom (In opposite to my Note2)

Best regards,

Balze (from Germany)

P.S.: I can’t record with Torque OBD2 too. Is this the same issue?
Maybe it’s possible to make the path where to save to selectable?!? (Not to have a fixed path for internal/external.)

P.P.S.: Maybe you could “advance” your track recorder with the option of “cyclic saving”. (Overwriting the oldest video) So I can have it running all the time and don’t have to take care about syncing the videos. If I have for example an accident I can extract the video I need then.

balze

Hello again,

there is a workaround for all users with rooted devices.

Just (additionally) mount the external SD-Card as sdcard/external_sd

How to do this is described here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1724278

Ian, maybe this is for your FAQ?

Best regards, and thanks anyways!

Balze

Pages: [1] 2 3
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.095 seconds.

Follow me on twitter