Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Export from Map View to GPX

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Export from Map View to GPX
bkev1
Post Export from Map View to GPX
on: February 16, 2013 (GMT)

Hi everyone,

I’m looking at using Torque on a road trip to use the recorded tracks to use as a file to geotag photos.

At the moment, the options to export from the Map View are KML and CSV. I can see that the KML options don’t export the time, and the CSV exports lots of info.

I have tried to converted the CSV to GPX using GPSBabel but that misses the time off too which is important to match up the GPS coordinates to the photos.

Would it be possible to add an option to export the track as a GPX file or does anyone know any way around this?

Thanks for the great app, I love using Torque pro and hope I can sort this issue so I can use it to match GPS up to my photos too!

bkev1
Post Re: Export from Map View to GPX
on: February 17, 2013 (GMT)

I think I have found a way round it.

Extract the data from Torque in CSV. Open the file and remove all the fields apart from Device Time, Longitude, Latitude, Altitude.

Copy the device time and paste so you have two copies. Edit one field so the date is in format of yyyy-mm-dd and the other so it’s the time.

Add the headers of Date, Time, Longitude, Latitude and Alt. Save as a CSV.

Then get the program GPSBabel. Change the input to “Universal csv with field structure in first line”. Select the file, and change the output to GPX XML.

Convert and sorted!

I hope this helps someone.

lmichie
on: January 26, 2015 (GMT)

Thanks heaps for that solution. It also allows you to then open the GPX in Google Earth with time stamps for playback or other navigation software that I use such as Oziexplorer.

moreause
on: January 26, 2015 (GMT)

i use directly the csv files in google earth

but i have to use an old version for some reason the new one the option was allways grey

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter