Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Electric Cars (BMW ActiveE, Leaf, Tesla)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electric Cars (BMW ActiveE, Leaf, Tesla)
Murray
Post Electric Cars (BMW ActiveE, Leaf, Tesla)
on: January 5, 2013 (GMT)

Torque works well on a Porsche Boxster and BMW X3, but perhaps not surprisingly, I wasn’t able to get it to associate with the ECU on my BMW ActiveE electric car.

Is there any relevant data that can be read from the OBD2 port of electric cars like a ActiveE, Nissan Leaf, or Tesla Model S?

– Murray

ahagge
Post Re: Electric Cars (BMW ActiveE, Leaf, Tesla)
on: January 6, 2013 (GMT)

As a follow-on question – I have a Nissan LEAF and with it as well, Torque will connect to my OBD-II adapter (a PLX Kiwi Bluetooth), but not to the ECU.

From what I’ve been able to read on the ‘net, the LEAF is not OBD-II compliant (since it has no engine, only a motor), but instead does all of its communication over 3 CAN buses (the “standard” one at pins 6 & 14, as well as an EV-specific one at pins 12 & 13 and an AV one at pins 11 & 3).

Is it possible to have Torque not attempt OBD-II communication, but instead use only the CAN bus?

Nissan LEAF owner

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 7, 2013 (GMT)

Hi

The diagnostic bus is the default – if this is CAN then the adapter will switch to CAN mode (this is done by the adapter itself).

If no ECU replies to ‘0100’ (a standard ECU command for pretty much any vehicle to see what PIDs are supported) then it’s not OBD2 compliant, and this means that Torque may be unable to locate the ECU

You may need in this instance to use the alternate init string in the vehicle profile settings (have a look at the help link for the kinds of info to put in there)

slinkyuk
on: October 2, 2013 (GMT)

Anyone had any luck in getting to work with the leaf?

frodus
on: October 2, 2013 (GMT)

Ian,

Does torque not issue 0100/010C etc if there’s an init string? i.e. does this disable the “scanning for ECU”?

Mr. Bill
on: March 11, 2014 (GMT)

I’m also looking for EV support – in my case a rare one, the Coda Sedan. Leaf owners have the Leaf Spy app available, but there are only about 120 Codas out there, and Leaf Spy doesn’t work for them.

EEcar
on: September 23, 2014 (GMT)

Could you please add EV support for the Coda sedan? Thanks

Santro652@gmail.com
on: August 20, 2023 (GMT)

Can you please add support for Tata and Mahindra EV. we are waiting for this updtae

Nexonev user from India

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.152 seconds.

Follow me on twitter