Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » How to exit Torque Automatically?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to exit Torque Automatically?
pholcroft
Post How to exit Torque Automatically?
on: November 29, 2012 (GMT)

I have my phone setup with tasker so that when I put it into my car dock it turns on bluetooth, wifi tethering, gps and then loads torque.

This works great, but when I pull it out of the car dock I have tasker set to switch off all those settings and exit Torque. Only Torque doesn’t exit, it just sits there in the notifications saying it is idle. When I click on it then complains about lack of GPS which I cancel and then have to exit it manually. I want it to exit completely automatically.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Neckhole
Post Re: How to exit Torque Automatically?
on: November 30, 2012 (GMT)

I have a similar question, wondering if Torque’s application intents could be used by Tasker to Exit the app.

My thread’s url is: http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=2921.00 in case you want to monitor it too.

Neckhole
Post Re: How to exit Torque Automatically?
on: December 1, 2012 (GMT)

Hey, I just wanted to update you to the activity in my other thread. I’ve had great success using Tasker to send the org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT intent.

I’m working on updating my blog article with the steps I took and some screenshots.

Quote from admin on November 30, 2012
Hi

You need to configure tasker to send the following intent:

org.prowl.torque.REQUEST_TORQUE_QUIT

You may also be interested in the following intents that are sent from the app for more advanced use in Tasker:

org.prowl.torque.OBD_CONNECTED
org.prowl.torque.OBD_DISCONNECTED
org.prowl.torque.APP_LAUNCHED
org.prowl.torque.APP_QUITTING

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter