Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » "Invisible" pending fault code!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Invisible" pending fault code!
androidtabapps
Post "Invisible" pending fault code!
on: May 20, 2012 (GMT)

Hi all. Hopefully you can help.

I have a 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS ,3.8L V6. I am currently having a transmission issue where when I am driving at a consistent speed on the highway, my torque converter’s lockup will disengage, forcing me to apply more gas to maintain speed, as well as making the engine run ~700rpms faster.

When I send the command from Torque to “clear fault codes”, torque converter lockup re-engages almost instantly, until a few minutes later when it decides to disengage again.

I am assuming that I have an invisible-to-Torque code being cleared when I send the command to clear fault codes, so what should I do? I’ve hunted everywhere for GM extended PIDs with no luck, and I’m not sure where to turn. I’d love to get this issue fixed and maybe even discover some new sensors or PIDs I can use. The extra PIDs included with Torque aren’t what I need, i don’t think, unless someone has a suggestion on what display I should add to my live view area. PLEASE help me. Thanks.

androidtabapps
Post Re: "Invisible" pending fault code!
on: May 28, 2012 (GMT)

Is there anyone here with experience in the question I am asking??

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: "Invisible" pending fault code!
on: May 29, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

There will be some more GM PIDs going into the next update of the app, (1.5.66) so re-add them when you get the update – I will try to see if I can include any transmission related PIDs in that list

The behaviour with the transmission when the fault code is cleared is likely a non-OBD2 fault condition being recorded (it may appear after a few driving cycles without clearing the code as an OBD2 related code, but that is down to the manufacturers implementation of it), hence you can’t see it over OBD2…

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter