Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Pro. Clearing Codes BMW

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Pro. Clearing Codes BMW
rvsuper8
Post Torque Pro. Clearing Codes BMW
on: March 30, 2012 (GMT)

Torque pro working great.
Maily bought it to read and clear codes.
I have a 2007 BMW 550i.
Clearing codes through app did not work.
Is there a special sequence for this?
Thanks for you help.
Best,
Mike

2007 BMW 550i

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Torque Pro. Clearing Codes BMW

Hi!

What type of codes are you trying to clear and have you fixed the fault causing the codes?

Codes will not clear if the fault causing them has not been fixed in some cases.

Also, things like Airbag and TPMS warning messages aren’t part of the OBD2 specification, which means that they likely won’t be reported. Similar for service warning lights (though those are literally a ‘you are due a service’ reminder lights)

rvsuper8

These are p030x codes misfire.
Problem fixed.
Mike

2007 BMW 550i

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

It should pick those codes up as they are standard OBD2 codes and all vehicles follow the same diagnostics protocol for those codes. It could be that the adapter is being a bit flakey – it might be worth waiting for the adapter to connect to the vehicle (the ignition must be on) then scanning for fault codes. After that check the ‘Error count’ in the ‘Adapter Status’ screen – this should always remain at 0 on good adapters. If it’s above 0, then this could be the issue

rvsuper8
on: March 31, 2012 (GMT)

using the PLX BT.
There are no errors.
Reads codes. Getting engine data realtime.
Wont clear the codes. Tried various on, start, acc etc.

Clearing codes is one of the main features I wanted.
Thanks
Mike

2007 BMW 550i

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 1, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Clearing codes over OBD2 is a standardised command between all manufacturers – so the same command (to reset the fault log) is used on all vehicles to reset the Check Engine light

Service lights aren’t part of the fault code reset though, so if it’s a service light you can reset it via a combination of key/button presses on the dash (this can normally be googled)

Other than that, it should be working as it’s all standardised. The sequence (for more complicated vehicles) is usually ignition on, connect, clear fault codes, ignition off (wait 5 sec) ignition on (and it should then be cleared)

About the only things that will make a check engine light not extinguish are the adapter being troublesome, or the fault not being fixed

The only other way to clear the fault log would be to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes (make sure you know your radio codes/etc)

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter