Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Desire HD with Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Desire HD with Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B
Graphite
Post Desire HD with Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B
on: February 18, 2012 (GMT)

Hi I have been playing with the Torque app today after my ELM 327 arrived this morning…

After some messing the furthest I have got is a message that the ECU is connected – all the icons are blue except the last car one which is black.

My phone is an HTC Desire HD running the latest android 2.3.5, Sense 3.0.

The car is a 2004 Subaru Legacy (Mk4) 2.0 GT Spec B JDM import to UK.

The adapter is
ELM327 OBD2 OBDII V1.5 Wireless Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface Scanner Tool UK

from here… http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220889426250

I have ticked the ‘Disable ELM327 auto timimg’ box.

None of the readings seem to be picked up by Torque. The GPS ones work fine ;)Looks a fantastic app though 😀

Any clues? Sorry If I’ve missed anything obvious – I have done a search of the forum and not come up with anything so far…

Cheers

Mick

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Desire HD with Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B
on: February 19, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

You will need to check that the Subaru is OBD2 compliant first before anything else – just having the correct shaped socket doesn’t mean that it’s OBD2 compliant

Some japanese imports are not enabled for OBD2 (due to different legislation in japan not requiring it). Once you know if your vehicle is OBD2 compliant or not then you can start looking at the adapter

If the vehicle is definitely OBD2 compliant, and you are having trouble connecting, and are using a clone adapter, then it’s very likely that the adapter would be at fault (it may work on some vehicles, and not others – the most known example of this is the J1850-PWM(Ford) protocol not working on a fair amount of these adapters)

Graphite
on: February 19, 2012 (GMT)

A guy with the same car has used an ebay USB cable to the OBD2 port and connected successfully so I guess that should mean it is OBD2 compliant…

The other thing that might be relevant is that my car has been remapped by EcuTeK software – will this make a difference?

The ebay vendor seems to have a good returns policy and is happy to swap out or refund on the unit if it doesn’t work that’s why I chose to buy from him ;)He lists the Subaru Legacy GT 2005 as compatible… mine is the same model but 2004

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220889426250

Honkme
on: February 22, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from Graphite on February 19, 2012
A guy with the same car has used an ebay USB cable to the OBD2 port and connected successfully so I guess that should mean it is OBD2 compliant…

The other thing that might be relevant is that my car has been remapped by EcuTeK software – will this make a difference?

The ebay vendor seems to have a good returns policy and is happy to swap out or refund on the unit if it doesn’t work that’s why I chose to buy from him ;)He lists the Subaru Legacy GT 2005 as compatible… mine is the same model but 2004

I’m using Torque without issue on a USDM 2004 STi that has a custom Ecutek tune so that shouldn’t be any problem.

Graphite
on: February 23, 2012 (GMT)

@ Honkme – thanks that’s useful info wrt the EcuTeK

Which BT dongle are you using?

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 24, 2012 (GMT)

Hi
Was the other vehicle (that worked) an import from japan?

Graphite
on: February 24, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on February 24, 2012
Hi
Was the other vehicle (that worked) an import from japan?

Yes – it is the Saloon version of my car.

Got my VAG-COM cable today and it does connect to the ECU using FreeSSM – showed no error codes, haven’t got anything more from it yet… Just learning how the software works 😀 and checking for correct install of drivers at the moment.

Graphite
on: February 27, 2012 (GMT)

Tested with mates BMW Z4 M… Working fine with ELM327 – but some data not shown – like ‘voltage’ ???

Honkme
on: February 28, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from Graphite on February 23, 2012
@ Honkme – thanks that’s useful info wrt the EcuTeK

Which BT dongle are you using?

Just the standard cheapo generic ELM327 adapter.

alexh
on: April 21, 2012 (GMT)

Graphite, it’s boon here. Exactly same issues as you…bummer

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 22, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

If it’s an import, then it’s likely got OBD2 disabled on it (the legeslation from japan for OBD2 is very different to the EU / US legeslation and they’re not required to provide OBD2 support)

So for those vehicles that were originally sold in japan (then imported to another country) you may have issues.

There is direct SSM support in the app which uses the OBDKey adapter – some people have had it working, others have had no success, so your mileage (excuse the pun) may vary. The vagcom 409.1 cable I have here as well and am in the process of adding support for that cable in Torque (it’s a little more involved than I would have liked) and will work with USB enabled tablets and Android 4.0+ phones when I’ve finished adding support

You /may/ be able to get OBD2 support enabled via an ECU firmware update (as it is just software at the end of the day), though this is outside of my expertise and you would be better consulting with an expert with subaru ECUs

alexh
on: April 25, 2012 (GMT)

That would be cool, I have the vag.com cable working to my laptop, but my HTC one x, with a micro USB to female normal USB might do the trick to link torque and the ecu.

We have enough issues getting parts, let alone ecu update!

Thanks for reply.

Graphite
on: May 5, 2012 (GMT)

Hi Boon :) – we’ll get there in the end 😀

Graphite
on: July 19, 2012 (GMT)

Any updates on this?

Appreciate your work and thanks for your time…

😀

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.048 seconds.

Follow me on twitter