Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Pics of your setups

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Pics of your setups
piemmm
Administrator
Post Pics of your setups
on: October 10, 2010 (GMT)

Thought people may want to post pics of their setups, so here is the thread for that! I’ll start with something I completed this weekend

A Dell Streak, modified to fit in my dash (custom power options for Torque are being tested in this setup and will make it to the full version real soon). The vehicle is a Smart Roadster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Roadster, and the adapter used is Scantool.net’s bluetooth interface http://www.scantool.net/ :

And of course, Google Nav (working quite well, too!)

EP3N3WP
Post Re: Pics of your setups
on: October 20, 2010 (GMT)

Wow…. That’s sic…. I’m getting ready to redo my in car system set up

rindiesel
on: October 21, 2010 (GMT)

ah cool idea for a thread!

Ill post up if i can get around to getting a photo 😉

Very cool setup in your roadster!

I am guessing you are located in the UK?

Wolf1.8
on: November 5, 2010 (GMT)

What is the device you are using im thinking about doing something like this with like an iTouch or and android tablet.

Edit: I see it the dell dash. Would this work with the itouch or android tablet?

crater
on: November 17, 2010 (GMT)

He stated is was a Dell Streak. This IS an android tablet.

zman2800
on: November 19, 2010 (GMT)

Hi all, new member and new owner of torque here. I was all happy to post my setup until I saw someones post right off the bat.. Kinda hard to go up against that! :) Very, very nice install piemmm! Would be lying if I was to say I was not a tad jealous! Anyways, here is how I am using torque currently in my 08 honda ridgeline with torque running on a htc evo.

Hope I do the posting of the image correctly.

daveyonthemove
on: November 20, 2010 (GMT)

I can’t beat or even match the original post, but as my car is quite new and i’ve only owned it for 7 days, mine is nice and simple.
HTC desire held to the dash by a magnetic phone holder.

I probably won’t take it much further than this to be honest as i use my phone daily, and its a good position to use as sat nav when needed, torque when needed, and i can charge it up in that position too.

jgarland79
on: November 26, 2010 (GMT)

Google Nexus mounted on dash using mount I found on ebay.

The mount has a hole for the camera to see the street. Lots of fun to broadcast on ustream as I drive. :)

Froggmann
on: November 29, 2010 (GMT)

Nut’in special but it gets the job done:

Rooted Motorola Droid using it’s Factory mount with a few modifications including a hole drilled out for the camera, holes drilled so the heat spreader gets ventilation, and the center backing removed so the battery gets a little ventilation as well. On an average trip the phone is serving as an ODB Monitor, GPS and music player.

Try that with an iPhone.

tzeunis
on: November 29, 2010 (GMT)

@ piemmm, how do you get so many indicators on screen? I have a HD2 –> WVGA and can only place 3 small meter next to eacother; 6 in total.

Road_Wx
on: November 30, 2010 (GMT)

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS using a stock HTC EVO mounted on windshield via a window mount from Target. Streams music A2DP phone calls and turn by turn Navigation via Bluetooth to stereo along with collecting data from a PLX Kiwi Bluetooth all at the same time. Not bad considering the car is a old boat.

leewil
on: December 3, 2010 (GMT)

I loved this app so much i went to buy a 7incher just for it. All thats missing for me is blinking shiftlight in this app..
Please Please work your magic Ian..

Comfirm working on E93

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ooaboo
on: December 4, 2010 (GMT)

Mine in a UK Mazda6 MPS (Mazdaspeed6 in US)

siaosi
on: December 18, 2010 (GMT)

Quote from daveyonthemove on November 20, 2010, 19:44
I can’t beat or even match the original post, but as my car is quite new and i’ve only owned it for 7 days, mine is nice and simple.
HTC desire held to the dash by a magnetic phone holder.

I probably won’t take it much further than this to be honest as i use my phone daily, and its a good position to use as sat nav when needed, torque when needed, and i can charge it up in that position too.

Hi Dave,

Sorry to post here, but I can’t find a pm button or anything. I got the same adapter and can’t make it work, does yours work fine with the Desire? I got the Desire HD, but can’t make them work together.

Thanks,

Siao

daveyonthemove
on: December 19, 2010 (GMT)

Hi,
I also had problems to begin with but i did manage to figure it out after an hour of fiddling.
Here is how i managed to get it working:
1) Plug adapter into OBD port and switch on ignition
2) Go to connectivity settings on Desire and turn on bluetooth and scan for devices
3) When you device is detected pair with it (code could be 0000 or 1234)
4) Device should now be paired
5) Open torque and press ‘menu’
6) Press more and scroll to settings
7) Scroll down to connection type and select bluetooth
8) Scroll down to choose bluetooth device and select the device from the paired list

Now go back to the main screen and your bluetooth device should start sending data to the phone and the PID’s you have selected should start to read data.
Hopefully that will work for you.

siaosi
on: December 19, 2010 (GMT)

Quote from daveyonthemove on December 19, 2010, 19:13
Hi,
I also had problems to begin with but i did manage to figure it out after an hour of fiddling.
Here is how i managed to get it working:
1) Plug adapter into OBD port and switch on ignition
2) Go to connectivity settings on Desire and turn on bluetooth and scan for devices
3) When you device is detected pair with it (code could be 0000 or 1234)
4) Device should now be paired
5) Open torque and press ‘menu’
6) Press more and scroll to settings
7) Scroll down to connection type and select bluetooth
8) Scroll down to choose bluetooth device and select the device from the paired list

Now go back to the main screen and your bluetooth device should start sending data to the phone and the PID’s you have selected should start to read data.
Hopefully that will work for you.

Hi again, thanks for your reply. That’s what I did before, however it won’t find any bluetooth device to pair with. When I plugged the adapter it flashed a few orange/yellow lights and then only a red one was on. Was it the same for you?

In any case, I’ll try it again in the morning! Thanks

daveyonthemove
on: December 20, 2010 (GMT)

Yes, mine is the same.
You will get a single red light on the device, but when you have a connection it will flash several different coloured lights.
I don’t know why your won’t connect, have you tried find the device using a different bluetooth phone or laptop?
If you are unable to detect it with other phones or laptops then i would suggest that your device might be faulty.

siaosi

Aaaah,

I tried again and again and finaly it connected with the “1234” code. So all fine now, apart from the faults I found!

Thanks a lot for your replies. Much appreciated.

daveyonthemove

No problem, i’m glad i was able to help.
The pairing issue seems to be quite common so it would be quite nice to see a sticky with a guide in it for future app buyers.

dropped top
on: January 3, 2011 (GMT)

Ian,

Beautiful set-up! Looks like it’s an original part of your dash. Also, you got a kick-ass car!! Wish they shipped them to this side of the pond.

Great work on the app. I’m getting tons of enjoyment out of it.

Thanks,
Joe

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.

Follow me on twitter