Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Help with Tacoma transmission temp

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Help with Tacoma transmission temp
biborado
Post Re: Help with Tacoma transmission temp
on: January 8, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on January 8, 2012
for 2010+ models the equation may be ((A *256) + B)(etc) and ((C*256)+D) from what I can see here.

From a diagram I have seen on the net, it would appear that sensor 1 is at the pan/collector/drain area, and sensor 2 is closer to where the work is being done (you should be able to verify this as the fastest changing sensor should be closer to where the work is done)

You are absolutely correct. I thought this might be the case, so I switched it around and it worked perfectly. You can see the difference between sensor 1 and 2. I believe sensor 2 is at the torque converter whereas sensor 1 is in the pan.

2010+ Tacoma Configuration

For sensor 1 (Pan Temp):

OBD2 Mode and PID:

Long Name:
Transmission Fluid Temperature 1

Short Name:
Trans 1

Minimum Value:

Maximum value:

Scale factor:
x1

Unit Type:
°F

Equation:
((((A*256)+B) * (7/100) – 400)/10)

OBD Header to use:
left blank

For sensor 2 (Converter outlet temp):

OBD2 Mode and PID:

Long Name:
Transmission Fluid Temperature 2

Short Name:
Trans 2

Minimum Value:

Maximum value:

Scale factor:
x1

Unit Type:
°F

Equation:
((((C*256)+D) * (7/100) – 400)/10)

OBD Header to use:
left blank

I’m going to set the truck into the Diagnostic Mode (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/63851-how-drain-refill-automatic-transmission.html) to check and see if the numbers match up. If the PID and equation are correct, the A/T Temp light should light up at 115°F and start flashing at 130°F.

Krookz
on: January 9, 2012 (GMT)

Wow guys that’s awesome. I went out of state for the weekend and come back to this. Ill try out the new equations in the morning.

Thanks!

psychohamster
on: January 9, 2012 (GMT)

Indeed, thanks everyone for all your help! I’m stoked to finally be able to have some reliable data!

Eltaco
on: May 5, 2012 (GMT)

Seems to read fine on my ’11 Taco

Eltacos from TW

*waves*

DPCardoza
on: May 1, 2013 (GMT)

I have been using these PID’s for a while on my 06 but one question I do have is why their is such a difference between the #1 and #2 and if anybody else is seeing this. I pulled my trailer in the mountains for the first time and #1 was usually 20-30 degrees higher. Coolent temps never hit 200 and were usually between 188 and 196. Transmission temp 1 got as high as 250 and transmission temp 2 as high as 220. #1 was usually in the 220 range and #2 was usually in the low 200’s.

Lester Lugnut
on: October 3, 2014 (GMT)

The following provides some insight into the A750 transmissions used in many Toyotas – especially the Tacoma and 4 Runner

A750E – 2WD
A750F – 4WD

http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/pdf/A750E.pdf

Do a FIND for “THO1” and “THO2” w/o the quotes to learn more about sensor 1 and sensor 2. Scanning for sensor 1 and sensor 2 may prove useful as well.

Hardthunder
on: March 9, 2016 (GMT)

I’m assuming that Ya’ll are discussing 4×4’s and not 2008 2wd tacoma prerunners. Haven’t had any luck with any of the solutions mentioned so far.
If there is any help , I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Capp777
on: March 9, 2016 (GMT)

Do you get a response from 21D9 mentioned
at the beginning of this thread?

If so please post the raw hex response.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.037 seconds.

Follow me on twitter