Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Cheap interfaces....

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheap interfaces....
prokusp
Post Cheap interfaces....
on: January 2, 2012 (GMT)

Hi.
I’ve bought a cheap bluetooth interface ELM327 and i had problem connecting to Ford. I’ve found a solution. There is a problem with Chinese interface – bad design. Look here http://www.mondeoklubpolska.pl/showthread.php/61537-ELM327-v1-4a-modyfikacja-do-pracy-z-protoko%C5%82em-J1850-PWM
I know it is in polish but…

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Cheap interfaces....

Hi

That’ll work for the interfaces that are bad on J1850-PWM, but there are still several other issues that plague these interfaces, for example the xtal being miles off frequency, and CANBUS having the wrong termination resistors (or the correct ones, that are way out of tolerance)

prokusp

Yes. You’re right, but if someone has that interface this is the best way to improve it, even only it’s excercise. Thank you.

packymann
on: January 29, 2012 (GMT)

anybody proofed this mod?

I recently ordered so an cheap 13$ adapter, and I think its faulty to work with my Ford Mondeo (Euro) J1850 protocol….

Monty_
on: February 2, 2012 (GMT)

Hi, thanks to Ian and this thread, I have successfully made this modification to my generic Bluetooth dongle purchased on eBay and now works perfectly.

The original symptoms were typical – dongle paired on Bluetooth but will not connect to Torque Pro on a 2003 Ford Taurus.

My circuit board is somewhat different from the linked photo above (which is a USB version), but the mod. is essentially the same and works!

More information in a newer thread:
http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=1710.0&notify&id=1710

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.

Follow me on twitter