Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Profile (SD in use)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Profile (SD in use)
Rycon
Post Profile (SD in use)
on: October 19, 2011 (GMT)

Hello,

I just purchased Torque Pro and I’m having a bit of a problem.

I have a stereo that connects via USB to my Android which allows it to play music off of the SD card inside. This works great as I have also set the phone to go to Car mode, turn on bluetooth ect and charge the phone. In car mode I have a shortcut to Torque along with maps and other functions.

The problem is the SD card is in use during this and Torque cannot read my profile.

Is there a way to save profile data to the on board storage instead of SD? I can’t image the profile data being too large, and I have about 300 mb free of internal.

Let me know if you have any ideas, I know this will probably make you *face palm*.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Profile (SD in use)
on: October 20, 2011 (GMT)

it could be stored off internal memory – however if you start logging to files you could easily (depending on the logging options used) eat 300M of storage

I’ll see what I can do – it will likely be an option in the general settings in one of the later versions

Rycon
on: October 20, 2011 (GMT)

Thank you for the response, I bought this app because of how much everyone raves about your support.

Yeah I understand the logging part, in which case I would have to save to the SD card. This would be good for everyday use.

I look forward to this feature in a future release. Thank you!

celblazer
on: September 12, 2012 (GMT)

Was there any ever progress on this option. I’m having problems with my dell streaks internal sdcard being write protected. It seem to be a common issue. Well it has left torque crippled. If I could switch torques storage location to the external sdcard things would work again.

Thanks,
Bernie

09 HHR SS, 06 Jetta GLI, 01 Sebring, 89 Shelby, 65 Mustang, Droid D2 R2-D2 edition, Nook Color (cyanogen 2.3)

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 14, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Torques storage location is the SD card by default – the other user was asking for an option for this to be moved to the internal memory (or in the streaks case the internal SD Card) which would only make your problem even worse

The app is installable on the SD card if you choose to move it there.

Tekken
on: January 28, 2013 (GMT)

any update on this?

i have a nexus 7 with a usb-stick connected via otg cable. The usb stick is mounted with the app stickmount.
torque wants so save on the usb-stick but it doesn’t work. “unable to save profile” is the answer from torque.

in that scenario it is necessary to save on the internal storage!

Please give us this option! i think a lot of peaople have this problem.

Tekken
on: February 2, 2013 (GMT)

bump

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.029 seconds.

Follow me on twitter