Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Some Extended GM PIDS found online

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Some Extended GM PIDS found online
BoultVolt
Post Re: Some Extended GM PIDS found online
on: November 29, 2011 (GMT)

thanks..I would not recommend you run off and start coding this.. i’m building a custom plugin using the API (or I will be soon), so I can handel this internally in that. Especially the GPS/privacy stuff. (And i did plan a more complex transform just did not describe it).

Having a different issue. Torquescan finds no mode22 pids. Toquescan with the long option just crashes after about 35min (tried it three times) and I must force close.

All the PIDs I thought I needed return no data (tried both hex and decimal interpretations), but since torquescan find none on 22,even though there are plenty that can get data in torquescan and torque maybe it cannot access mode 22. (I cannot see the PIDs for things it does fine like MPG(instant) or MAF or RPM fuel Level Absolute Throttle Positions..

Today I’ll try making custom PID sheets with all mode22 between 220000 and 222000h. Is there any way to have for the equation stuff to know how many fields were in the reply (its clearly in the can-bus data).

EDIT: trying custom PID sheets with thousands of PIDs did not work out. torqescan never display them (keeps timing out).

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 29, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

Torquescan will help you find the PID locations for your vehicle, but thats about it – it’s impossible to say what scanned PIDs are or what their sensor/scaling/units are (that has to be obtained the hard way by working it out, or from a service manual if you have access to that kind of information). Other people have already worked out some of these PIDs

Once you know the rough location for the PIDs you want to find then you should be able to then monitor that PID, then it’s a case of changing something and seeing if the PID changed. You can also work out the scaling and units this way if you know what you’re measuring and can play around with the sensor

I need to update TorqueScan to make it more useful, but I am currently in the middle of updating the track recorder plugin, hopefully that will be the next thing I work on

Ian

BoultVolt
on: November 30, 2011 (GMT)

HMM I’m still not getting anything with torquescan. I’m using auto for the header. I noticed many threads where there are some headers use, but have found no documentation on what they mean. Looking at examples they seem to be ECU addressees. From what I’ve seen in some documentation multi-frame responses need to use a particular ECU so do I need to try with each of the 8 possible ECUs addresses?

if it matters I know the Volt has multiple can buses with a bridge in the middle, so maybe the autobroad cast does not cross that boundary. (The car has 2 ODB connectors, today I may try in the second one).

jlaval
on: May 29, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from admin on November 26, 2011
Hi

Yes, you can create virtual PIDs (PIDs based off 2 existing PIDs/sensors). I’m in the process of updating the wiki for the next release and this will be one of the things. Simply put, to make a PID from other PIDs you just need the ‘id’. For mode 01 PIDs, that’s [0D] for speed, etc, and obviously mode 22 would be [22XXXX]

You can use them like variables in the equation part of the PID editor, so you could do [0D] / [0C] to get speed / rpm

The GM pids ‘appear’ to use the following most common equations (I say appear as this is all worked out):

(A*256)+B for 2 byte responses
A-40 for temperatures in C
A * 0.0195 for Amps
A * 12.5 for idle speed
(A*256)+B)/65.535 for ms (inj timing)

I couldn’t find more info on this on the wiki. Could someone point me in the right direction? I just want to understand what A and B are and what they mean for each PID. There must be a table somewhere…

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter