Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » How about Nissan protocol supoort?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How about Nissan protocol supoort?
Quad
Post How about Nissan protocol supoort?
on: June 17, 2011 (GMT)

Hi.
How about Nissan protocol support? With Nissan NOTE (2007) application says “No PIDs”, but the same devise and application on Mitsubishi Outlander, for example, works fine.
With Nissan note applications connects fine, protocol detected fine too, but “No PIDs”.
Thanks in advance.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: How about Nissan protocol supoort?

Hi

Are you using the free or Paid version?

Could you let the app connect for a minute or two, then go to the realtime display screen, press menu, then use the ‘Send comms debug log’ option (make sure you put a description in so I know what it’s about)

Torque should work in all recent vehicles.

Quad

I am using paid version. Logs was sent, please check it out.

piemmm
Administrator

Got the logs, thanks

1308314576574 {– 0100
1308314579233 –} BUS INIT: …OK
1308314579492 –} +410000000000

Your vehicle replied with all 0’s for the OBD2 PIDs it supports (basically it told Torque that it doesn’t support OBD2).

If you connect to the vehicle, then go to the Adapter Information screen, there should be a ‘Vehicle OBD Standard’ (it may take a short while to populate). This will tell you what OBD2 standard your vehicle is conformant to.

Usually (with nissans) they have just disabled the OBD2 PIDs when the ECU was programmed. It may be possible to get a dealer to reprogram the ECU to remove this restriction that nissan have put on your vehicle. If you are in the U.S. then technically, for a 2007 vehicle, they may be breaking EPA legeslation by not making the data available (for emissions testing)

Ian

Quad
on: June 20, 2011 (GMT)

My dealer says that there are no any locks and/or restrictions on my vehicle.
I do not know what to do now…

savarenova
on: January 20, 2014 (GMT)

Same situation is on my Murano 2005, it connects well, but shows no PIDs. However in Car Gauge PRO its shows all PIDs, but that interface kills me, so dramatic (also its impossible in that APP to trace oscillogramm of AF sensors, btw in this term the best APP is OBD car Doctor PRO, it has better code or something to make fast refresh rate, much better than in ur app). I use torquePRO with NADV and NREMOTE. I’ll try them today in my Infiniti g35 coupe (luxury version of 350z with same internals) btw, adapter is ELM 327 bluetooth + nexus 4.

I dont blame u, but want to show u the right way to dig )))
PS! no offence.

frodus
on: January 21, 2014 (GMT)

Is it possible that the other software ignores the 01 00 PID request?

Maybe there are multiple protocols on the OBD2 connector and the elm327 device sees one of them and things that must be the correct one.

dunno
on: November 22, 2014 (GMT)

Hi
I have just purchased pro version together with Nissan Advance EX plugin.
i am facing with this problem now. Don’t know exactly which protocol should you to connect.
Error: ECU reports no PIDs supported.
Could you please advice?
My car is Nissan Almera N7, engine k13 HR15DE
My elm 327 Bluetooth is purchased from BAFX

It is funny that I can connect and read ODB2 information from other software such as Dashcommand or ODB2 elm free

rlander
on: August 13, 2015 (GMT)

Recent experience with my Nissan P12 2.0 Petrol CVS Estate. Torque times out trying to get a protocol to work on. I will try the log reporting procedure. Could be that this is a generic Nissan issue.

Perhaps NissauTorque compatibility. Other cars work fine with Torque for me with this adapter, and other Diagnostics work fine on this Nissan, so perhaps when the planets are lined up between Nissan and Torque something happens wrong ?

rlander
Post Nissan Primera - does not connect to ECU
on: August 14, 2015 (GMT)

Reading deeper into this it seems that there is a consistent theme shared with Nissan and Renault. These two firms are joined at the hip, so that could explain the common factors.

I read that some Clios are set so they don’t give up data to Torque, seems similar to the effect on Nissans. Made harder to resolve as this does not apply to all cars of that model, seems the setting gets applied somewhere in the distribution chain, to some cars but not others.

This is the article
http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=1184.0

Now I have found some “hidden” menu options on the Primera console, so this might allow setting of the ODB functions ? Let me check…No. Radio off, pressing Info button and winding the volume knob makes the service menu come up, but no ODB settings show.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.034 seconds.

Follow me on twitter