Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 1999 Oldsmobile Shelby PID's

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1999 Oldsmobile Shelby PID's
The Dark Side of Will
Post 1999 Oldsmobile Shelby PID
on: July 1, 2013 (GMT)

I have a 1987 Pontiac Fiero with a Cadillac Northstar 4.6 engine. I built the engine myself with 11.5 CP pistons, ceramic/moly coatings, Eagle rods, gapless rings, MLS gaskets and a few other tricks.

I have a GM 09354896 ECU (1999-2000 LS1 applications) with the program from a 1999 Shelby Series 1. This car uses the Olds Aurora 4.0 engine, which is the same as the Northstar except for bore and valve size. The Caddy/Olds engine requires a special program because it uses a unique trigger wheel and a DIS waste spark ignition.

HPTuners can tune the combo. I had a local dyno shop rough-in the tune for me so I can drive it on the street. I’m trying to use Torque to log data for fine tuning, but I’m having a couple of odd problems.

The first is that the O2 sensor voltages don’t log. I select Bank 1 and Bank 2 O2 sensors voltages for logging, but when I open the logs (as .csv), those columns are all zeroes.

The second is that Knock Retard (KR) is not available for logging. I looked at the “add PID” capability in Torque, but it looks like I need the address of the PID in the data stream… I’m not sure how to get that info.

I’m using the OBDLinkMX bluetooth gateway. It’s really a bus gateway, as all it does is transfer data from the bluetooth bus to the OBD bus.

The Dark Side of Will
Post Re: 1999 Oldsmobile Shelby PID
on: October 18, 2013 (GMT)

Life was in the way of cars for a while, but I came back to this.

I have the TorqueScan plugin. I’ve loaded the predefined GM extended PID list. I did some logging with a fairly large number (40+) PIDs, including all 8 of the current and history misfire counters and injector pulse widths. My average refresh rate was just over 3.0 seconds.

I’m getting junk data (mostly zeros) for all the pulse widths and misfire counters.

The equation for the pulse widths is ((A < 8)+B)/65.535 I’m assuming this is sixty thousand five hundred and thirty five (and NOT sixty five decimal five three five). This equation looks like adding the LSB to the results of a logical test on the MSB. Is this the correct way of interpreting that? Does < represent a bit shift, mask or other operation? I have similar questions about the misfire counters, which are (A < 8)+B

Capp777
on: October 18, 2013 (GMT)

I believe that is supposedly a shift 8 bits… equivalent to
(A*256)+B though I thought java used < < 8. I believe 65.535 was the correct number.

The Dark Side of Will
on: October 21, 2013 (GMT)

Ahh…

-Read the MSB of the two byte PID register into the LSB of a memory location
-Shift left 8 bits
-Read the LSB of the two byte PID register into the LSB of the same memory location

Ok… so it just reassembles in the correct endian and then divides by 65.535

I’m in the US.
Here, sixty-five thousand is written 65,000
In Europe and elsewhere, sixty-five thousand is written 65.000

That’s the difference I was asking about.

That’s getting WAY down in the weeds…

How do I find the CORRECT misfire counter PID’s for my application?

Capp777
on: October 21, 2013 (GMT)

My search matches the PIDs in Torque’s
predefined list.

You might try using pid scanner in Torquescan
to further your search for PIDs in question.

Hopefully they will be consecutive.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.

Follow me on twitter